Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Grilled Zucchini and Pesto- oh my!

I have to say that dinner was pretty tasty this evening. It was a new recipe, as I love trying new recipes and I was blessed with a non-picky eating type of husband! I love this about him. He is always up for trying something new and this makes dinner time a lot easier on the chef. (I also scored a fabulous dish washer, which I am so thankful for because I absolutely love trashing the kitchen while cooking but despise cleaning it!)
Tonight I made a grilled chicken and veggie tortellini. It was very easy and can be doctored up to your liking.
Here I just used the three cheese tortellini that is already prepackaged. Maybe one day I can get creative and give making my own pasta a whirl with my new Kitchen Aid mixer.

I used our new grill pan to "grill" the zucchini which I just cut in half long ways. After the zucs got nice and soft I added my already pre-cooked chicken from the other night (I had on reserve) and added some Italian spices and salt and pepper. 1/2 of a chopped tomato and viola!

Here is the final product. Now, for the last step and by far my favorite addition to the recipe, Pesto. I absolutely adore pesto. I didn't make it from scratch but it is so easy to make with some fresh basil from the garden. Kyle doesn't care for pesto so he added some tomato sauce that we had left over from the turkey pepperoni calzones the other night. I added a few orange slices and we had a perfect and easy dinner! (P.S. check out my new dinnerware, I'm prob WAY too excited about our new dinnerware/flatware but its great)

Of course I added a pic of the mutt because she is just the cutest griffon this side of the mississippi (or so I tell her).

No comments: