Monday, October 20, 2008

wedding season

So this year, my wedding season hit this late summer/fall. Kyle and I have had so many weddings to attend it's been crazy! I love going to weddings because they are such a joyous event and I get great ideas for my own. I haven't posted any of the pictures so I figured I would just post them all together.
One of the first weddings of the season was Mrs. Catherine Skipper (McCann) and Micah on Aug 23! Their wedding was fabulous. The ceremony was at Christ Covenant and the reception took place at Providence Country Club. There were stations set up for food and man, there was a lot of classy dancing at this wedding! It seemed like the entire Skipper family knew how to dance. I love this couple dearly and I am excited about what great works the Lord will do through them.

Here is Kyle loving the sparklers as we saw Catherine and Micah off!

The next wedding was a great childhood friend of mine Derek Nelson and his wife Lauren. Derek and I met during High School and have kept in touch ever since we were 15. The Lord has used us in each others lives in so many ways. He is definitely a special guy and was blessed to catch a wonderful girl, Lauren! Their wedding was in September in Greenville, SC. A gorgeous tent and gardens surrounded the intimate ceremony. The pics were a little blurry due to the lighting and my lack of photography skills :)

Aaron and Lauren Arnette were next in September in New Bern, NC. This was such a fun wedding! I had never been to New Bern before so just seeing the town was a treat. It is a very quaint town but it's on the river so looking out and seeing all of the sailboats from the hotel was so beautiful. We went to lots of wedding activities and ate lots of seafood! The wedding was gorgeous and the reception was at a country club that looked out over the water as well. Per Kyle's request we HAD to go to the Pepsi store where Pepsi was originated. The picture of Kyle and Joe says enough :)





Last weekend we attended Bryan and Kendall Stange's wedding here in Wilmington. The weather was a little windy and chilly but the Bellamy Mansion was amazing! I personally love receptions in tents because it reminds me of Father of the Bride so I loved this one despite the cold.

Notice the great tent in the background :)


Here is Kara and I sitting next to the heater trying to stay warm!


4 comments:

Becky said...

BFF, I thought I told you never to let Kyle play with fire. this could be VERY dangerous!

{live.a.life.of.love} said...

ok so you've been TAGGED by me : )

come on over to my blog & see what you have to do!

Mary said...

So thrilled to find this blog! Love you sweet girl...hope to see you soon!

The Bruces (but most likely the Mrs.) said...

this is not about your blog, but...bought my boots in Boone this weekend, wish you could have been there! :)