Friday, May 16, 2014

Anna Davis is 5 months!

Well, I guess I didn't blog much this month considering my last post was "anna davis is 4 months" ha.  One reason is that I went back to work this month.  whomp whomp.  It has been difficult in every sense of the word and being a working mom is much tougher that I ever thought.  I certainly admire all the moms that work outside the home and have multiple kids.  I don't know how they do it and I'm not sure how I will do it but I guess you just hunker down and trudge through.

I feel like AD is growing so fast.  Every one says that and it really is true.  This is some of my favorite stages in a babies life- I absolutely love the 5-6 month age because they are becoming so active and engaged.  I am thankful that I am going to be out of school in june and can spend some time with her this summer.  Right now I constantly feel like I don't hardly see her at all.  I am still working on finding the balance of social life and baby life.  It is so hard to get anywhere during the week and then get home to feed, bath and put her to bed- but I also need and crave time with adults because my job certainly lacks in this area.  I feel like the weekends are simply to "reset" for the next week and by friday sometimes I feel like life is spinning out of control.  Some weeks are better than others and I hope to work on the balance.  Taking time to rest and be intentional with my husband and baby is a big goal for me.  Not letting life just spin by without savoring memorable moments with the ones I love the most.

Anna Davis you are the light of my life.  You have brought so much joy in the 5 months you have been in my life and I still can't believe how much I love you for simply being you. I got to celebrate being a momma this month for Mother's Day!  You are the best baby I could have asked for.  You are so calm and laid back- until it's time to eat!  You are smiling so much these days, it is such a sweet smile.  It is so fun to watch you interact with things and people around you.  You are still easy going when it comes to letting others hold you. You don't like to be held like a "baby" anymore unless you are really tired.  You like to be up and able to see everyone.  I like to call you nosey because you are always so observant and curious about what's going on around you.  You tried sweet potatoes, carrots, pears, peas and prunes this month.  You seem to really like having real food.  You still spit up like it's your job!  I have to always have burp cloths all around me and give everyone "fair warning".  You don't mind tummy time and I try to squeeze it in at home whenever I can.  It's easier for you to prop yourself up on your arms now and you have rolled over a few times!  Your little legs are getting so strong and you always stiffen them when I am trying to change your diaper.  You don't seem to mind the bows momma puts on you- although daddy always give me a hard time.  I absolutely love watching you grow and I can't wait for our sweet time this summer :)

Social: She is so social!  She loves seeing people and going out and about.  She still doesn't mind for others to  hold her and she likes to see everything that is going on!

Feeding: We are still doing breastmilk, supplemented with formula.  I am pumping at work, which is so hard but worth it for the little one.  We tried baby food this month because I felt like she was starring us down while we were eating.  She has tried sweet potatoes, carrots, prunes, peas and pears.  I have only dabbled in making the food and plan to make some batches soon!




Clothing: She is moving out of  3 month clothing and wearing a lot of 3-6 month stuff.  It is still a little big on her but I can't wait for her to fit in all of her cute summer bubbles this summer!


Baby Gear: We are still loving our BOB!  I love being able to go where ever in that thing!  We are planning on getting in some pool time Memorial Day weekend and just ordered this pool float!

Sleeping: She is still sleeping like a champ.  We put her down around 8:30 and she sleeps until 7:00 when I get her up to nurse!



No comments: