HAPPY 29th to me!
This weekend was of course packed with goodness. So much goodness, I came home sunday and collapsed. I think the traveling had caught up with me but the weekend was so great I was ok with it. Friday we headed to charlotte to spend a little time with the chidesters and celebrate Becky and Mike's soon to be addition, Anderson. We didn't get in to Charlotte until around 9:30 but the Chids not only waited for us to eat dinner, they had prepared a very delicious dinner. Sara even went to the links to make sure it was gluten free, which was very thoughtful! We had tomato mozzerella salad, delicious steaks and potatoes. Need I say anymore?
Here are the pups having a slumber party on their beds. They love each other.
Saturday night we headed to Kelly and Robby's house for Becky and Mike's baby shower. It was a "cinco de mayo" theme and everything was very well done by the hostesses. They even had cute little bottles of hot sauce as party favors. Of course, since this was for Becky this was not your typical "everyone circle around the couple and goo and gah over watching them open their gifts". This was more like a party, which was so much more fun! Although, towards the end of the night I did hunt Becky down so she could open my present because I love giving gifts! The whole night was tons of fun and it was great getting to see so many of the app family peeps!
Sunday was my actual birthday but we didn't really get around to celebrating too much. We met my mom at church at Renovatus. Let me tell you what. Pastor Jonathan Martin preached the love of God like I have never heard. (There will be a whole post on this because it totally wrecked my world, heart and everything in between). We met some family friends for lunch sunday after church and then started the dreaded drive down 74/76 to home. The husband planned our celebration for Monday night since he knew things would be hectic on sunday. He bought me a beautiful orchid (that hopefully i can keep alive) and took me out to dinner. He was very thoughtful and selected a place with a big gluten free menu. Who knew Melting Pot was so gluten friendly?? It was delicious and we both ate more than we care to admit!
Fondue, love it!
(i guess i should have captured the chocolate because the raw meat doesn't look so appetizing after the fact, ha)




No comments:
Post a Comment